Inventory timeline – shows best times of year for inventorying various taxanomic groups.
Initial Biodiversity Assessments from Mecklenberg County’s Nature Preserves. These are done in-house for all Parks & Recreation projects prior to any planning processes; this includes properties purchased for athletic fields.
- CatawbaRiverfrontCharlotteWhitewater.pdf May, September 2002
- FlatBranchEastIBA.pdf April 2002, updated April 2006
- Haymarket.pdf October 2002
- StevensCreekIBA.pdf June 2006
- Note: The Nature Preserves Plan for Mecklenberg County is Appendix 3 of the 10-year parks master plan – visit http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Park+and+Rec/Inside+The+Department/Divisions/Park+Planning/10YrPlan.htm
Lake Myra Park Floristic Inventory conducted by NCSU faculty and graduate students, under contract with Wake County.
- Contract document: LakeMyraFloristicSurveyContract.pdf
- Product (2008): PlantSpeciesAndCommunitiesLakeMyraPark.pdf
Example Site Visit conducted by Wake Nature Preserves Partnership for the Town of Apex
- Site Visit Report: Apex Nature Park Site Visit_11.18.08.pdf